So I made the executive decision to frog the daisy scarf I have been knitting over the past year for my mother. I don't know if it's me (I've done simple lace before) where I can't knit lace or if it's the needles or the yarn weight (Misti Alpaca lace.) I had frogged this project so many times, that I decided this was its final frogging. Above is the sad, sad ball of yarn, that may be looking for a new home at the next Stash Swap. It may have a yellow sister that wants to go with it too.
I've got a back up idea for Mother's Day, but I can't talk about it yet. As my mother may visit this blog. :)
I finished a skein of yarn two weeks ago that I can't wait to knit into socks. I haven't taken its WPI yet, but it looks to be an average of sport weight with a light worsted. It's an Aurelia Top Knot. There's more in those little balls than you think there is!
Below is what' I've been working on the past couple of days.
This is the Eric's Glovelets pattern from Green Mountain Spinnery, turned into Sarah's Mittens. It needs a mate (started) and a thumb. Knitted from Handmaiden Cashmere in black. They look thin, but it's a baby cable rib, so they'll stretch. Next time I convert these into mittens, I'll knit the reverse stockingette all the way up the palm, instead of going back to the cabled rib.
Mr. Loopy's Black Orchid Sweet Georgia sock. It's almost finished, I just need to do the toe chimney (a la Lucy Neatby) and graft the toe and sew the ends in. I've just started the heel on the second sock for the second time. I was almost finished and realized it was a lot smaller than the heel on the first so it got frogged and re-started. Once you've picked up tiny sock stitches, picking up worsted ones seems like child's play.
A close of up of the garter stitch heel:
Hopefully I'll get one of these projects finished this weekend. I'm aching to get a new pair of socks on the needles. :)