2. I listen better when my hands are busy.
3. The best way to keep my hands busy and me (mostly) out of trouble is with knitting.
4. I make no promises about staying out of trouble when I am around other knitters and certain friends. ;)
5. My friends and family are my world. There are very few things I wouldn't do for them.
6. I could spend (and have spent!) hours and hours and hours in a yarn shop or a bookstore.
7. Some people find it amazing how long a couple of sticks and some string will keep me busy for.
8. I miss my parents like crazy.
9. There are close family friends that I still call Aunt and Uncle. They may not be family by blood, but they're family of the heart, which is just as important.
10. I hate pain.
11. I love teaching people how to do things.
12. I don't care for my current line of work, and am thinking about getting into soemthing else. Teaching seems to be calling me, although I think I'd want to work at a private, rather than a public school. Or doing corporate training and facilitation. I'd like to get my Myers-Briggs certification and teach workplace communication.
13. I try to buy local a lot. I'd rather pay a little more to support a local business, selling local products, than a large conglomerate selling stuff made in China that's going to fall apart in three months.
14. The large conglomerates definitely have a place in our world though - especially if you have kids who grow faster than weeds.
15. I'm trying to be more creative these days. I'm happier when I am.
16. I want to visit Greece, New Zealand/Australia and Iceland in the next 10 years. Greece before I'm 30 though.
17. I tend to be quiet and serious at work because my mouth filter is broken and I have a twisted sense of humour.
18. I'm a very touchy feely person - I love to give hugs and be hugged.
19. I try to go to the gym, not to lose weight, but so I'll have the energy to do the things I love more.
20. I try to take good care of my hands because I don't know what I'd do without them.21. I don't wear makeup, because I find it feels gross on my face.
22. I'd be happy if I could wear a hoodie, t-shirt, jeans, handknit socks, sneakers and my hair in two braids every day.
23. I like with chronic pain from TMJ. There are treatments that help me to manage it though. My weekends are usually spent catching the energy I need to get through the next week.
24. I dream of a farm with dogs, horses, alpacas, a few wool sheep (different from eating sheep), and some angora or cashmere goats. Barn kitties too. And a studio for me to dye yarn/wool and spin.
25. I find 99% of music made today manufactured and yucky. I only listen to the radio when I'm in someone's vehicle. I never turn it on by choice - I'd rather pop a CD in.
Farmhouse Leyburns. I really, really love them. Yarn from Blue Moon.
I love the way the heel worked out. So beautiful. More stuff to come. Probably tomorrow or Tuesday. :)