Saturday, May 26, 2007

It's been awhile, but I've been slogging away at Sarah's mittens (a row here, a row there....), Mom's re-knit Christmas socks (I cannibalized the previous pair for more yarn) and this pair of socks above. It's the Mermaid Sock pattern from Lucy Neatby's Cool Socks, Warm Feet. Love it so far. It's a simple pattern that looks complex. It's something I can knit while I'm talking but it's not plain ribbing or stockingette. Here's a detailed photo. I'm using Trekking XXL, but I can't remember the colour number.





I found out this week one of the women I work with is pregnant and due in four weeks (she works in another building) and I got the bug to knit a quick and simple Baby Surprise Jacket in Needful Yarns' Cotton Joy, colour 706. However, it seems none of the Elizabeth Zimmermann books with the jacket in it are available at the library. Long story short, I'm going to attempt the Faux Baby Surprise Jacket (not its real name) and want to cast on this morning. I've got the enthusiasm and the get up and go to do it. The one thing I don't have, is the needles.


I can't find my Denise needle set. Crappity, crap, crap, crap. I had it in my hands this week, but for the life of me, I can't find it.


I am truly my mother's daughter.
(This is only ever a bad thing when I misplace things......)

No comments: