Tuesday, January 20, 2009

Dusty

*dusts her blog off*

Well now. That was a hiatus.

I have to admit, the idea of blogging intimidates me because I'm not a photographer, my camera sucks, and it's annoying to edit blog posts through this interface because I'm forever taking spaces out around my photos and having to rearrange them, rather than having them land where I put them.

However, thanks to a few new friends over at the International Moleskine Exchange group on Ravelry I'm going to give this another go. Bear with me if there's not a lot of photos - writing is my strong suit.

I also may not alway focus on knitting, but sometimes on things in my head that need to be said on paper. I have a number of things on my needles right now, but the project that is really holding my attention are my pair of Cleopatra's Stockings (Ravelry link), which was the May installment of the 2008 Rockin' Sock Club. The colour and the pattern are captivating.

Since it's the beginning of a new year, these are the things I'm looking forward to:
- the 2009 Rockin' Sock Club from BMFA (Blue Moon Fiber Arts - colour to dye for... Yeah, that was bad...)
- knitting more kid sized things for my 10-month-old niece
- the first birthday of said niece
- participating in the Moleskine exchange (of course!)
- trying more things like lace, and beading in my knitting
- taking continuing education courses at the local art college, including sewing and handmade books
- moving out of my apartment building, which would be much better if the management wasn't crap
- tackling (and overcoming) the challenges that I know 2009 will throw my way

If there's anything you wanna know, leave a comment, and I'll answer it.

4 comments:

Anonymous said...

I think you ought to challenge yourself to a photo a day - practice making perfect and all that?

Really good to see your blog up and running again :8

Leslie said...

There you are, see that wasn't so hard. We are mentioning Moleys all over the net...

You are the 3rd person today to mention Blue Moon and Rockin' Socks. Two members from my quilt guild were admiring the sock I was knitting and we got to talking, Big Surprise, eh?

Leslie said...

So, now I am gonna be stalking, I mean following your blog, so once a week maybe for updates?

talumirage said...

You smell of wee. ;)

Am only kidding. I'm sure you don't really... do you? :P