Friday, July 20, 2007

The sun only shines when I'm stuck inside...

Sorry for the lack of blogging lately. The sunlight on the days I've had off has been horrible so I can't take any photos of yarn that I've been spinning or projects I've been knitting. My apartment is also a bloody mess (not literally).

My grandfather had a stroke almost two weeks ago so I'm knitting him a teddy bear out of Manos Cotton Stria. It's hard because he's in Toronto and knitting for him makes me feel less helpless. He's recovering well though.

I've also been asked to do some test knitting for a local designer. I'm pretty excited about it too. I should be getting the kit on Monday. I can't wait to see what it will be.

I'm starting to get a mild case of startitis - socks, teddy bear, garter stitch squares, and I'm trying to resist the lure of Rusted Root and the Anemoi Mittens. I'm not sure how much longer I can resist against such beautiful and promising projects.

I just finished a hank of yarn, chain-plied (aka navajo plying), spun from Fleece Artist silk and wool top in various shades of blue and turquoise. When the light is better, I'll take photos.

No comments: